Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lizzy is an Official PC Volunteer

Painting nails with my host family :)

My Ba Mayo and Ba Taata, Blessing is the baby on the left with my Ba Mayo, she also lived on the compound, the other baby is a random my Ba Taata just thought would be a nice added touch to the picture.

Hanging out with the kiddos:  David, Edward and Jenny


Swearing in!

It's official.
On October 7th, I said goodbye to my wonderful host family that I have spent the last three months living with and was sworn in from Peace Corps Trainee to Peace Corps Volunteer at the US Ambassador's house.  This is when most people move to there villages which they will be living in for the next 2 years.  However, since Ben still had two weeks more of training I was able to move with him and his host family.  He swears in October 21st at the President of Zambia's house (post to come!) and then we too will be off to the village of Kanona.